Monday, January 08, 2007

Minor gripe of the day

BUD:

What ever happened to normal 100 watt lightbulbs that you could buy a pack of 4 for about $2? Our house was built, I've come to learn, to require about a dozen different types of specialty bulbs for the various light fixtures. The house is 3 1/2 years old (apparently also the lifespan of a bulb), so all the bulbs have been burning out lately. It is pissing me off to have to run to Lowes every other weekend to stock up on specialty bulbs which generally run about $10 a pop. Would it have killed the builder to just put in light sockets that require normal bulbs?

I don't know why this has gotten under my skin so much. It can't be helping matters that every night when I get home from work, my three-year-old's first order of business is to take me to the newly burned out light, gleefully declare "light no work, daddy," and hover expectantly until I get out the stepstool and a new bulb to replace it.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:12:00 PM, Blogger UCLaw98 said...

I would send you a check for $5 if you posted a video of you replacing a bulb while your child hovered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home