Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Law Dog

BUD:
Why does this sort of thing always seem to happen to this sort of lawyer?

I did like the fact that the feds have seized Lawson's boat (because what better way to spend your hard-earned money in Cincinnati, than on a 37 foot boat to cruise the scenic beaches and pristine waters of the Ohio River?). The boat actually looked decent, although it doesn't appear that the proceeds will make much of a dent in his tax bill.

It got me thinking about what I should name my boat. I've got to tell you that it is surprisingly difficult to come up with a cheesy and clever play on words. The best I've been able to come up with for a lawyer's boat would be the "Sue-nami." Not great. Please help.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:45:00 PM, Blogger UCLaw98 said...

I agree. It seems like an awful lot of work to collect less than 10% of the tax bill due.

In his defense, I can tell you that it is a royally difficult thing to accurately budget for tax days. We just found out that we somehow "made" 0.5% more in 2005 gross revenue than our preliminary numbers showed; the federal tax bill on that 0.5% alone works out to about $50,000.

As for boat names, the best I have (limited to a PT attorney): "Sloop and fall".

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:58:00 PM, Blogger UCLaw98 said...

Obviously that should be a PI attorney.

-Moose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home