Sunday, August 20, 2006

Euchre Party

TC: Well I suppose the point of a blog is update others on things going on. Last night my wife and I hosted a Euchre Party. Attendance was fair, though we could only get one person with a kid to attend (my brother). I'm not sure how you get people who have kids to come out and have a good time.
Moose was not originally supposed to play. But Roddick won quickly and he and Kendra came back. That left twelve people to play. It was fun, though I would recommend that if you want to play quick, seemless euchre, do not invite Tim Ammer. The last thing on Timmy's mind was playing euchre. We managed to finish the night with a winner and a loser, all decided by the last hand played. Bjorn made a monster comeback to catch Ewald's wife Amie on the last hand. At the same time, Amie's partner Tim, used his poor play to not only bring down amy but to also win the last place prizze from Ewald. Amie ended up second.
Three single guys hung around until about 1:00am, all somewhat hitting on the only single girl at the party. I say somewhat because they knew that she was single, but none of them brought much game. At 1:00 or so I became really tired and also because a poor host. Yawning and cleaning evetually got the good-for-nothings to leave.
Christin and I will continue to host parties. By the way, we still have a ton of beer left if you want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home