Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To Gag or Not to Gag

Everyone tells me I'm getting old when I admit that I podcast Bill Cunningham. You should check out six minutes into his hour 2 from yesterday here.

He's interviewing Liz Carroll's UC Law '99 lawyer, Adam Bleile.

Bill Cunningham: You represent Liz Carroll only on the matters pending in Hamilton County not Clermont County, correct?
Adam Bleile: That’s correct, officially speaking. I don’t want to be subject to the gag order in Clermont County.
Bill: It’s got nothing to do with Clermont County.
Adam: Well, officially (chuckle) I don’t have anything to do with Clermont County. But, I speak with Greg Cohen probably every break that they get there and I’m generally in Court.

(Questioning goes on to describe Liz Carroll’s story, alleges Amy Baker’s perjury and discusses whether Liz Carroll will testify and suggests that other unnamed witnesses may be called to contradict her testimony)

I think we'll be hearing from Judge Ringland on this one. As you may recall, he gave Deters the OK to talk, but not Mark Piepmeier. It's nice to know you can (officially) decide to exclude yourself from a gag order.

It got me thinking. I have a civil case against a well known insurance company that everyone will agree screwed my client out of coverage. Mediation is coming up. Perfect case for the press, but when?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home